Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 43



Today was a good day. A good day is when I get a little writing done.

Chapter 3 is done--at least a draft. I have no idea how many words I am averaging each day I sit down to write, but I am getting my writing work done. I am extremely happy about that. It feels so good to think I can write something besides a grocery list.

When writing a book, I'm learning to not think Today, I want to write a book.

What works best for me when sitting down to write is to think in small writing bites, kinda like the grief process, it helps if I think small baby steps, if you know what I mean. Instead of thinking I must write a book today, I concentrate on one paragraph at a time, then before I know it, I have one chapter.

I also have an outline, something I didn't think I could do. And I know what to do with it.

Somehow everything seems to be coming together. I still can't believe it.

Writing Chapter Three, though it is longer than my first two chapters, seemed easier to put down on paper. I'm not certain why. It is painful to go back to another space in my life, especially revisiting Ed at the worst time of his life. But, I will tell you this, I'm pleased I didn't give up...

Thank you, Suzanne Lieurance, wherever you are.

Time to turn out the light and say goodnight.

*click* Goodnight.

Linda

No comments: