Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 42



It's after ten p.m. and I'm tired. I've been at it all day.

I have no idea how many words I have already for Chapter Three, but it's a start. It took hours to get these words out on paper.

It took two days to spin them through my brain. I sleep with a pen and small flashlight. Seems words come when I least expect them, awakening me from a deep sleep, I never do manage to get them down, and when I do manage to find the pen in the dark and turn on the light, they vanish like vapor. I have tried to file them away in the back of my mind, repeating them over and over, as I fall back to sleep, hoping I will be able to write them in the morning. But...it doesn't happen.

I find I must limit myself to computer work, email work, cleaning up the office work. It helps me when I set a clock timer and just sit and write, then just sit and type.

This evening I have the start of Chapter Three. No. It's not a final draft. It's just a start. I feel good about that. And I have a place to begin tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow I plan to spend one entire day in my office--3 hours writing--2hours reading.

My writing coach, Suzanne Lieurance, will be calling me at 5 p.m. for a half-hour coach call.

This weekend I plan no writing. I didn't seem my grandson this week. I cancelled my time with him for my writing and to get necessary errands out of the way.

It's time to turn out the light, and say goodnight.

*click* Goodnight.

Linda

No comments: