Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 2 - Believe


Meet Jeremias and Keeki, two people I met today at B&N.
Where to begin?
Sheesh.
Seems I got 2 books swimming like fishies inside my brain, at least that is what pops out during my first session with my Personal Writing Coach. PWC assures me I can do this write-the-book thing.
And, I believe. For the first time in a long time, I really, really, believe. PWC is to this writer what GPS is to a boater navigating from port to port. The fog in my brain is lifting. I feel it. And, wow! It feels good.
B&N is my first stop of the day, after my telephone conversation with WC, after I drop off two French chairs to the upholsterers for reupholstering, and after I crate Izzy and kick Tux out the door for the afternoon.
Cruising the aisles at a local B&N, I note there is one electric outlet in the entire store accessible for use to the public. I covet this outlet. I need to plug in my laptop, access the public WiFi, and research titles of books just like the one I want to write.
A young man, crouched over his computer, is plugged into this single, solitary outlet. I muster the courage, and ask politely, "Can I share?"
A short time later, a diminutive lady appears.
And now I am off.
Have a great day. And if you're a writer, even if you're not, go write something.
Go ahead.
I dare you.


BookOrBust!
Linda

No comments: